Key Stage 1 "Significant Individuals"
lesson plans and ideas
LESSON 5: Rosa Parks and Emily Davison.
KEY STAGE 1 SCIENCE NATIONAL CURRICULUM OBJECTIVES:
• The lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements. Some should be used to compare aspects of life in different periods [for example, Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria, Christopher Columbus and Neil Armstrong, William Caxton and Tim Berners-Lee, Pieter Bruegel the Elder and
LS Lowry, Rosa Parks and Emily Davison, Mary Seacole and/or Florence Nightingale and Edith Cavell
• Significant historical events
PUPILS WILL LEARN ..
About the lives of Rosa Parks and Emily Davison
RESOURCES - DOWNLOAD HERE
• Powerpoint for both people
• Written profiles of Rosa Parks and Emily Davison
• Wordsearch of Rosa Parks and Emily Davison
Diary entries for both persons at key moments in their life / letters from each person / story from the point of view of someone watching key moments in their lives / small non-fiction fact cards (similar to enclosed profiles) / A letter of support from you as a person at the time to them
• ART / DT:
Design posters to support both women / make placards from the time / use these as props in an assembly
Find the home countries of both women on a map / find out which countries make up the United Kingdom and which states make up the USA